Sunday, November 13, 2005

Doin' the Math

So, last night I was sitting here, thinking about my recent getting pulled over and all the times before that of which there have been a total of 33 in the 6.5 years I've had my license.

This most recent time (11/10/05) I got stopped on the way to Walmart for doing 67 mph in a 30mph zone. The road I was on is a fairy high-traffic area with stores and what not, but it was the middle of the day and everyone was at work. There was no one on the road but me...and apparently the cop who pulled me over. This was my reasoning when I got stopped. I was like, "There's no one else here!". I got off with a verbal warning.

I told this to hubby and he was definitely not amused with my antics and constantly getting pulled over. I was like, a lot of the times were when I first got my Isuzu Vehicross. Cops pulled me over with stupid reasons and basically just wanted to chat about my cute, rare in the U.S. SUV. Totally not my fault and complaints were made by myself to the police dept. to get their officers to stop the insanity.

All this started to make me think though. I have been pulled over 33 times now and have never once gotten a ticket. My motto...When all reasoning fails, try crying.

Crying worked in the case of my second time getting pulled over in the county I have now lived in for a year (I was already crying the first time and rocking out to 'It's the End of the World as We Know It' and it was the middle of the night). I was doing 78 in a 55 on my way back to our old house. I got a written warning...but not for the speeding. Instead it was a 10-day written warning to get the address on my license changed. It wasn't even something I had to go in and prove I did. Needless to say, I didn't do it. It's been very nearly a year and I still haven't done it. Woo-hoo!

So, here's the tally...

# of years I've had my license...6.5 years
# of times I've been pulled over in that time...33
# of tickets...NONE (Total 2 verbal warnings to stop speeding and 1 written warning to change the address on my license)

I get pulled over on average 5.076 times a year. That's very nearly every 72 days.

Of course in this time, hubby has gotten probably five speeding tickets, a couple light out warnings and a gazillion and one seat-belt violations and random parking tickets. Also in this time, a friend of mine racked up a small fortune in parking tickets. I decided my getting off is retribution for their bad driving and proper parking issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home