Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ottoman Revamp...

So, I originally bought this ottoman at Goodwill like year and a half ago for like $3. In it's originality it was 50's pale pink vinyl and only ten inches tall.

After we moved into the house, I took the damned thing apart got rid of the nasty vinyl, got new taller legs and added more foam, making it 16.5 inches tall. After that it was covered with plain fabric and then a turquoise denim slip-cover to match the rest of the slip-covered furniture (It basically looked like a turquoise cube).

Now, it's completely different again. I tried to work on the new slip-cover yesterday afternoon, but there was too much math to do (seam allowances for the new plans and such - I hate fractions) and I got all frustrated like I do, so I had to walk away from it. I assumed that it would sit around and rot before I actually finished it. But I couldn't sleep.

So, now, at four in the morning....the ottoman lives and it totally revived and purrty! I think I might add some plaid fabric-covered buttons to the pillow top still though. It really could go either way and I am way to over-tired to be making those kinds of decisions right this second.

I'd say I'll sleep on it, but considering that I haven't managed to go to bed yet, it's not very likely!

Next project...slip-cover for the new couch! Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Black Eyed Gurl said...

The Ottoman Invasion.... I mean, it looks terrific (like I expected). Also definately plaid buttons. It'll join the piece together nicely! God I feel like you should be on one of those shows on HGTV!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Black Eyed Gurl said...

The Ottoman Invasion.... I mean, it looks terrific (like I expected). Also definately plaid buttons. It'll join the piece together nicely! God I feel like you should be on one of those shows on HGTV!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home