Thursday, January 12, 2006

Walla...Window Seat!

So, it isn't actually a window seat. Well, I wouldn't suggest trying to sit on it at least especially since it's basically just the one remaining MDF board in the box window where former owner had five shelves (Clearly the others have been taken down).

This one remained because the idiot former owner actually cut into the window sill to attach the brackets for this now warpy piece of MDF. Plus it's a box window so the window seat angle works. There is a real, and functional window seat in the foyer/staircase area where the curved window is, so it also fits because of that. It also makes the fact that I can see the radiator a little more tolerable.

Anyway, hubby took the other shelves out before we even moved in and this is actually the second time this faux window seat has been decorated, but nonetheless, it's done now and matches the dining room. Also notice, I have made and put up the curtains...although I got derailed by the dogs so the little window is still lacking its valance.

It's fun how damned handy I am with a sewing machine. I also added some leafy stuff to the vases on the top of the mantle.

All in all, I'm down to just paint in the dining room. Although, I eventually have to turn a 9.5 foot tall, thick cardboard tube into a fake tree. Should be entertaining...not to mention I still haven't actually decided where I'm gonna go with it when it does get done. So many places...

And then there was hubby, wondering what the hell I was doing with the camera again...


So, I put the camera away again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Black Eyed Gurl said...

you should so start a home improvement blog, cos you are all awesome and stuff. it almost makes me want to get off my ass and make my apartment look even more like a grown up lives in it, but then i think, mmm couch, and get derailed. nice job!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's "voila", not "walla". It's French.

12:32 PM  
Blogger IvoryValentine said...

I understand that you have no sense of humor and apparently didn't have the spine to post as anything other than 'anonymous', but clearly, it was clever of me to mispell this word seeing as how I am currently in the process of redecorating many rooms in my house. Get it? Redecorating walls...walls...wall...walla. Apparently not, otherwise you wouldn't have so clevery pointed out my mispelling. Here's how it lays out...I substitute a similiar sounding word for a word with a completely different meaning. I post. You read. You laugh or at least aknowledge my cleverness and move along on your way. Maybe I should have added a hyphen and made it wall-a. Or maybe I give everyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their brains! Either way, walla just looked better than wall-a! Can I see a show of support? Leave a comment if you got it?

10:25 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I personally like the walla. wasn't even thinking voila. So either I missed the point or I understood what you meant by walls walls and more walls! Anyways thats not why I stopped in to comment.....I just wanted to say I love what you have done. I my self can not sew...nope nada just cant do it.And as an after thought your hubby is cute. Mine wont let me post his picture...says he dont want the world to know his wife blogs.LOL

8:57 AM  
Blogger IvoryValentine said...

GAB - Thanks for the compliments and for stopping by...and yes, hubby is quite adorable. He doesn't get much say as to what I do with my blog...or the house though! I actually am self taught with most of the sewing and have now reached the point where patterns and measuring are not necessary for the most part. I have an incredible gift for just seeing something and knowing how the pieces go together.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home