Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blather For the Masses...

So, I'm in a blathering kind of mood and there were a lot of haps yesterday. Plus, venting might help me to understand some of those involved and their particular motivations for doing the ridiculous things they do. There's a new post up on Part Deux, another google image search post, but at behest of the people who like our brand of mockery, so check it out (http://Pluralofapocalypsedeux.blogspot.com) and there's a new renter there too, so check her out too, if ya can (The last one sadly went almost completely ignored, poor thing). BEG has 'Fruity Oaty Bar' shenanigans over at http://pluralofapocalypse.blogspot.com, so check that out too if you'rs a Firefly/Serenity fan and need a fix of the goodness. Also, it's Ash Wednesday...not that this affects me or the post. Just thought I'd give a shout out to all the religious folk. I might as well also give a shout out to Wendi (spelled correctly), since she's probably reading along. And now on with the blather...

#1 - The idiot college boys kept me awake all night last night. Apparently, Park Ave. is now a really cool drag/street race strip. These boys have tricked out rice grinders and were tearing things up for most of the wee hours of morning (from like 1-4 am). They've never done anything like this before and although they are college boys and make noise, mostly I just notice it when they're banging whichever plastic girl happens to be there at the moment (Unfortunately, my huge front window in my living room, which my desk is in front of, looks directly into their living room and their shutters are barely ever closed!). I imagine the chaos only stopped when it did because the head idiot is a UPS boy and probably had to go to work...

...which brings me to #2 - Yesterday, I was making beef stew, from scratch and if you've ever done this, and I'm not talking the crock pot method, you know this is a lengthy process, not to mention, something one actually has to pay attention to the entire time it's stewing and brewing. So, I was making the stew and I was a total mess. The dogs were running around around the time the school children start making their way home. So there was stew and constant flipping out and barking on the part of the dogs. I'm stirring the stew and by chance looked out the back window (the motion detector had not gone off for some reason) and I see my UPS guy (not the idiot from across the street). I was like ,"What the hell is he doing here?" on my way to the door with the dogs now freaking out because the motion detector had finally gone off (I assume it was me in the house in front of the window setting it off and not actually UPS guy and such is my life). Apparently, hubby had ordered some stuff, so there were boxes and dogs and dogs barking and trying to eat UPS guy as though they have never seen him before. This is shit I deal with everyday (you should see it when the FED EX guy shows up), no big deal. In the midst of the chaos though, UPS guy starts hardcore hitting on me as though he doesn't know I'm married, as though I'm not a total disaster from the stewing adventure which was still in progress and as though I have the time to flirt back whilst carrying heavy boxes and trying to keep the dogs from eating him. Finally, he left. I concluded it was the smell of meat that brought all of it on...although he is generally a pretty flirty kind of guy, so whatever...and now, we're up to...

#3 - The things delivered by UPS man and ordered by hubby. I knew the one box was expected. The rec room has a separate heating/air system and the blowere motor was shot. Hubby had ordered a new one over the weekend. No big deal. I couldn't fathom what was in box #2, since the only other thing I know he bought via the internet over the weekend was his new tool box (the old one have been completely destroyed last Wednesday in a tragic losing a wheel and then tipping over while being moved to a new location...oh yeah, did I mention he changed jobs again? He did.) and I knew it wasn't the new tool box. Anyway, I put the boxes on the dining room table so hubby would be sure to find them when he eventually came home and then I pretty much forgot about them save for the few times I had to yell at Angus to stop chewing on the corner of the bottom box. Little did I know, box 2 contained the new trackball to replace the old one which had gone to hell in a handag after seven long years of being fondled.

This thing is gigantic, nearly twice the size of the last one and although it functions properly, I'm having some trouble adapting to the entire idea of it. KP, if you thought the last trackball was a pain in the ass, you ain't seen nothin' yet! Oh, whoa is me! And now on to...

#4 - Gossip! Gossip! Gossip! Jamie is apparently in jail for hitting someone with the car. I would say his car, except for it wasn't his car...he doesn't even have one, or a driver's license for that matter due to the last time, two years ago when he backed out of his driveway on New Year's Eve and ran over and woman and killed her. Will this boy ever learn? (Sidenote: Although, he should have been far more careful due to the whether, he was found to be not at fault for that woman's death. It was a blinding snowstorm and she was well over the legal blood alcohol limit and wandering around in the street).

#5 - I have found fault (other than the space cheese) with 'Space: Above and Beyond'...in the form of the very special Christmas episode of 'Space: Above and Beyond' (Disc 3, ep 2 "River of Stars"...be warned if you haven't gotten this far yet). Yes, there was one and it was all about the schlock! It was so sugary that I actually had to abandon the DVD watching spree and resume watching season 2 'Arrested Devolopement'. No schlock on that show! I will resume watching 'Space' when my teeth stop feeling like they're rotting out of my head. Although, in said very special x-mas ep, Vansen bought Hawke his very first Christmas present and then had to spend the time explaining the holiday to him. There was almost kissing, so I'm still hopeful.

See, just blather. Nothing too important!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home