Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Little LIGHT Distortion...

Or 'Before You Die You See the Ring'...

Pic property of of Dreamworks and clearly not used for profit, just my own superstitious meanderings, which sometimes seem to get the best of me!
So, here's a little bit of the insane silliness that is me and my brain working overtime due to circumstances I had absolutely no control over. Let me just say, I was a little bit freaked by the sheer coincidence...
Not so long ago, on the night before the whole pink hair dye tragedy, I watched the movie The Ring. It was nothing new, I had seen it before and HBO was kind enough to play it for the umpteenth time and keep me busy for a little while. This is nothing particularly special...unless you take into consideration the events that followed and my own superstitious nature...which certainly wasn't helping.
So, the day after was when the pink hair dye went wrong and I, of course took some pictures of the disaster on my head, the one usable photo of the bunch ending up in that particular post to show how well it did not go and can be found somewhere on this blog and is really not the point right this second...

The other photos, the seriously screwed up and not even remotely usable photos brought one thought to my mind...Before you die, you see the ring. They were stashed in a separate folder to wait out the next seven days just to make sure (I know it's been longer than seven days, but I had forgotten about them until I came across them again this morning, whilst searching for something else)...

Here they are...now that I am officially not dead...


You can imagine my surprise when I uploaded these pictures from the digital camera to the PC and saw what they looked like...having just seen the movie about watching a movie that then distorts your face in any and all pictures taken of you afterwards. I had a 'Holy Samara Morgan' moment! As this was happening, hubby was laughing. I, of course, temporarily allowed my brain to get away from me and thought I might die in seven days! Clearly this did not happen and it was probably just the sunlight beating into the room through leaded glass windows that caused all the distortion in the pictures.

I'm not an idiot. I don't take horror movies seriously, although some I won't watch in the dark or by myself (And Samara Morgan was one of the scariest little bitches ever in a horror movie), but I think we all have those sort of moments. Everyone is capable about freaking out and I think I had every right seeing as how the movie goes and all and how my life seemed to be turning out like it!

Also, there is the fact that I live in a house that may or may not be haunted...the jury is still commiserating on that one.
I just kept the pics with the intent of this post (although the intention was to get it up sooner). It's not like I was waiting for a phone call or for Samara her self to crawl all gooey-like out of the big TV to get me!

Anyway, I thought it would humerous to share this with ya'll...see if anyone else would've freaked out if something like this happened to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home